A Scarecrow's Puppet
On the quietest of nights you cause a scream,
that delves ever deeper within my dreams,
attaching your strings,
of the horror you bring.
You have your hold on me,
making me choose carefully,
but every decision I seem to make,
has left me drowning in a dark lake.
I try and try to break free,
to no avail, you just laugh at me,
upon your pole you hang and play,
unfolding a thespian from the words you say.
But far off in the clouds dark,
the sound of scissors, be still and hark!
The one who will set me free,
is the one who makes you hang and plea.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Scarecrow's Puppet by Soren Valentine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mental Health...., Manny Furious
- A lunch hour in late May...., Manny Furious
- To Readers, if Any, Sandra Feldman
- Our Love Coexistent, Aayush Pandey
- A Feeling, joe foster
- bleery eyes, Bull Hawking
- Undeniably Love, Minerva Montecalvo
- ओझेल, Aayush Pandey
- Sick, joe foster
- If only truth was Simple, Bull Hawking