A Scarecrow's Puppet
On the quietest of nights you cause a scream,
that delves ever deeper within my dreams,
attaching your strings,
of the horror you bring.
You have your hold on me,
making me choose carefully,
but every decision I seem to make,
has left me drowning in a dark lake.
I try and try to break free,
to no avail, you just laugh at me,
upon your pole you hang and play,
unfolding a thespian from the words you say.
But far off in the clouds dark,
the sound of scissors, be still and hark!
The one who will set me free,
is the one who makes you hang and plea.
Soren Valentine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Scarecrow's Puppet by Soren Valentine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira