A Salvation Story (Part V & VI)
Because of all my transgressions, He was wounded
He was flogged for all of the crimes I’ve committed
For all my sins, with suff’ring, He was afflicted
And for my iniquities, to death He had bled.
So all my impurities He bore at the cross
And my sickness was carried away with His loss;
With His fall, my sinfulness was brought to a toss
And with His death ended all my shame so gross.
Now with His death, I’m dead with my unrighteousness
And with the Lord died all of my uncleanliness;
With His burial, I’m buried with Adam’s curses
And in His tomb was stored all of my trespasses!
But from rest rose up the Almighty Creator
And over the Hades, He was the Conqueror;
From the dead has risen the God-Man our Savior
And over our falling short He was the Victor!
He’s risen that from my death I’ll be delivered
He’s resurrected that my sin might be conquered
To bring me back to pasture came back my Shepherd
And to set me free rose up the Savior my Lord!
Now forever has risen the Almighty King
That He may give me hope that is ever living;
Eternally lives the Maker of ev’rything
That He may give me life everlasting!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Salvation Story (Part V & VI) by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid