A Salvation Story (Part I & II)
Once I saw myself sitting on my castle‘s throne -
In my heart’s realm, lording over my life alone –
Reigned in a kingdom which’s only a n illusion,
King of the self of mine but the slave of my own!
I slumbered from the truth – I’m only a captive!
Slave of pride, in prison of my ego I live
Being a slave of this throne, I am so passive;
I’m bound on this filthy castle and I can’t leave!
This is not a castle at all but a dungeon!
In this castle of my life I am imprisoned -
Feeling like a king of my own failing reason,
But blinded by my painful hallucination!
To a sinful life I’ve sold myself like a slave
And being naïve went to the Prison of Grave;
From my unrighteousness, myself I can’t save;
From the Lord’s holiness, I’m totally deprived!
His wrath was upon me, for I was a sinner
His judgment’s ‘gainst me, for I was a dirt-bearer
His glory’s withdrawn from me, being transgressor
For my sin, I was sep’rated from the Master!
So I cried freedom to the Lord of Creation
And to the God Almighty, I cried redemption;
From my sinful living, I asked for salvation,
That He may deliver me from my transgressions!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Salvation Story (Part I & II) by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- A beloved Just Like The Moon, A Beloved .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Venting with Vengeance, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The drowned emigrants, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life is open, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry Court, Dean Meredith
- OBSTINACY, Satish Verma
- Rooftop Stronghold, Von Kimball Barney
- On Your Birthday, How Many Birds Did You.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- One Day I Will Not Be-II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Hermit At Outermost House, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)