A Salvation Story (Part I & II)
Once I saw myself sitting on my castle‘s throne -
In my heart’s realm, lording over my life alone –
Reigned in a kingdom which’s only a n illusion,
King of the self of mine but the slave of my own!
I slumbered from the truth – I’m only a captive!
Slave of pride, in prison of my ego I live
Being a slave of this throne, I am so passive;
I’m bound on this filthy castle and I can’t leave!
This is not a castle at all but a dungeon!
In this castle of my life I am imprisoned -
Feeling like a king of my own failing reason,
But blinded by my painful hallucination!
To a sinful life I’ve sold myself like a slave
And being naïve went to the Prison of Grave;
From my unrighteousness, myself I can’t save;
From the Lord’s holiness, I’m totally deprived!
His wrath was upon me, for I was a sinner
His judgment’s ‘gainst me, for I was a dirt-bearer
His glory’s withdrawn from me, being transgressor
For my sin, I was sep’rated from the Master!
So I cried freedom to the Lord of Creation
And to the God Almighty, I cried redemption;
From my sinful living, I asked for salvation,
That He may deliver me from my transgressions!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Salvation Story (Part I & II) by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- This ugly image هذه الصورة القبيحة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns