A Salvation Story (Part I & II)
Once I saw myself sitting on my castle‘s throne -
In my heart’s realm, lording over my life alone –
Reigned in a kingdom which’s only a n illusion,
King of the self of mine but the slave of my own!
I slumbered from the truth – I’m only a captive!
Slave of pride, in prison of my ego I live
Being a slave of this throne, I am so passive;
I’m bound on this filthy castle and I can’t leave!
This is not a castle at all but a dungeon!
In this castle of my life I am imprisoned -
Feeling like a king of my own failing reason,
But blinded by my painful hallucination!
To a sinful life I’ve sold myself like a slave
And being naïve went to the Prison of Grave;
From my unrighteousness, myself I can’t save;
From the Lord’s holiness, I’m totally deprived!
His wrath was upon me, for I was a sinner
His judgment’s ‘gainst me, for I was a dirt-bearer
His glory’s withdrawn from me, being transgressor
For my sin, I was sep’rated from the Master!
So I cried freedom to the Lord of Creation
And to the God Almighty, I cried redemption;
From my sinful living, I asked for salvation,
That He may deliver me from my transgressions!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Salvation Story (Part I & II) by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong