A Salvation Story (Part I & II)
Once I saw myself sitting on my castle‘s throne -
In my heart’s realm, lording over my life alone –
Reigned in a kingdom which’s only a n illusion,
King of the self of mine but the slave of my own!
I slumbered from the truth – I’m only a captive!
Slave of pride, in prison of my ego I live
Being a slave of this throne, I am so passive;
I’m bound on this filthy castle and I can’t leave!
This is not a castle at all but a dungeon!
In this castle of my life I am imprisoned -
Feeling like a king of my own failing reason,
But blinded by my painful hallucination!
To a sinful life I’ve sold myself like a slave
And being naïve went to the Prison of Grave;
From my unrighteousness, myself I can’t save;
From the Lord’s holiness, I’m totally deprived!
His wrath was upon me, for I was a sinner
His judgment’s ‘gainst me, for I was a dirt-bearer
His glory’s withdrawn from me, being transgressor
For my sin, I was sep’rated from the Master!
So I cried freedom to the Lord of Creation
And to the God Almighty, I cried redemption;
From my sinful living, I asked for salvation,
That He may deliver me from my transgressions!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Salvation Story (Part I & II) by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Stasying the Course, John F. McCullagh
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Moral Roundabout, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Wheelwright, Ruth Manning-Sanders