'A Rose By Anyother Name'
Look at me.
You see yourself as a dandelion,
one of many, and not at all special:
Yet, still considered a flower by some.
In reality, You are a Rose,
deep, rich red, delicate passion pink.
Soft, satiny petals,
And yet, you do have your thorns.
You keep those around you at a distance.
Seemingly to be safe,
but there is nothing to be afraid of.
So look at me...
You are in your prime, your beauty is in full bloom.
Feel it, let it happen, it's become a part of you.
You have such a special gift, in which you deny yourself
the pleasure of your deep passions...
Decadent and starving.
Look at me.
Don't be afraid to feed yourself,
and taste all the pleasures that life has to offer.
Let yourself be loved.
But most important of all-
For only then, can you look into a mirror-
And be happy with what you see.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('A Rose By Anyother Name' by Kelly Seale )
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow