'A Rose By Anyother Name'
Look at me.
You see yourself as a dandelion,
one of many, and not at all special:
Yet, still considered a flower by some.
In reality, You are a Rose,
deep, rich red, delicate passion pink.
Soft, satiny petals,
And yet, you do have your thorns.
You keep those around you at a distance.
Seemingly to be safe,
but there is nothing to be afraid of.
So look at me...
You are in your prime, your beauty is in full bloom.
Feel it, let it happen, it's become a part of you.
You have such a special gift, in which you deny yourself
the pleasure of your deep passions...
Decadent and starving.
Look at me.
Don't be afraid to feed yourself,
and taste all the pleasures that life has to offer.
Let yourself be loved.
But most important of all-
For only then, can you look into a mirror-
And be happy with what you see.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('A Rose By Anyother Name' by Kelly Seale )
- An ugly sniper, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- AAA, Vera Sidhwa
- my love to you is simple, James Berth
- Ebola, Stephen Wylie
- To the occupied lands' people, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- colorblind, James Berth
- Why Didn't They Meet?, Lora Colon
- Longing for Love, Brenda Harris
- closed shop, lee fones
- Gentle Night The wick Has Burned, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A child said, What is the grass?, Walt Whitman
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)