'A Rose By Anyother Name'
Look at me.
You see yourself as a dandelion,
one of many, and not at all special:
Yet, still considered a flower by some.
In reality, You are a Rose,
deep, rich red, delicate passion pink.
Soft, satiny petals,
And yet, you do have your thorns.
You keep those around you at a distance.
Seemingly to be safe,
but there is nothing to be afraid of.
So look at me...
You are in your prime, your beauty is in full bloom.
Feel it, let it happen, it's become a part of you.
You have such a special gift, in which you deny yourself
the pleasure of your deep passions...
Decadent and starving.
Look at me.
Don't be afraid to feed yourself,
and taste all the pleasures that life has to offer.
Let yourself be loved.
But most important of all-
For only then, can you look into a mirror-
And be happy with what you see.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('A Rose By Anyother Name' by Kelly Seale )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid