A Response To Ahmad Shawqi
Shawqi says, knowing nothing of my plight...
..."Stand for the teacher and honor his rank"
Sit, I implore you! Is someone honored...
...who for growing children is a close friend?
Anxiety grips me when the Prince says:
..."for a teacher is almost as a prophet"
If Shawqi tried teaching for but an hour...
...his would be a life of hardship and stress
A teacher's lot is frustration and depression...
...visions of notebooks day in and day out
Hundreds upon hundreds when they are graded...
...a path leading to nothing short of blindness
Don't be surprised if I cry out one day...
...and fall down murdered between those desks
For anyone seeking suicide I have found it...
...for a teacher does not live a long life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Response To Ahmad Shawqi by Ibrahim Tukan )
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry