A Redemption Song
Let him who is forgiven say, 'I'm free',
He's been redeemed from ev'ry 'niquity,
And let the saved say, 'I've got the vict'ry! '
For in them's the Lord Jesus Christ's story.
I will lift up my hands and worship Him
And to Him raise my voice to sing a hymn
For I'm saved - for whom He went to redeem,
Having my debts paid; yes, all of my sin!
For once I was lost but now I am found
Once fallen, now brought to a higher ground;
He's raised me from grave - now I'm heaven-bound,
No more a slave to sin; by Him I'm owned.
Where is your victory now, O Hades?
For the cross has declared: your pow'r will cease
Where is your sting over those who are His?
For you are conquered by the Prince of Peace.
Praises and glory be to God Most High!
Now, like an eagle, I am free to fly!
'Salvation belongs to our King! ', we cry
For we have been set free to testify!
How gracious are You, O Lord of heaven!
How good are You, Father of creation!
For by Your saving grace, we're forgiven
And through Your Son, You've made us Your children!
Let the saints rejoice in their Creator -
God remembers your transgressions no more;
Yes, let the saved be glad in their Savior
For by Christ, your sins have been atoned for!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Romans 8: 1 says 'There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.'
Comments about this poem (A Redemption Song by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- LIVING DEATH, Roberto Randazzo
- If you hate me, Aftab Alam
- We remember them, Royston Allen
- The Last poem, Kamal Nasser
- In The Stars And Sun, Michael McParland
- LIMERICK-6 (Chemistry question), Saheb Mohapatra
- Limerick-46, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Haiku-3 (DEATH), Saheb Mohapatra
- Survivors, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- where do I start, Steven S. Walsky
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I Am Offering This Poem, Jimmy Santiago Baca
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
Percy Bysshe Shelley