A Redemption Song
Let him who is forgiven say, 'I'm free',
He's been redeemed from ev'ry 'niquity,
And let the saved say, 'I've got the vict'ry! '
For in them's the Lord Jesus Christ's story.
I will lift up my hands and worship Him
And to Him raise my voice to sing a hymn
For I'm saved - for whom He went to redeem,
Having my debts paid; yes, all of my sin!
For once I was lost but now I am found
Once fallen, now brought to a higher ground;
He's raised me from grave - now I'm heaven-bound,
No more a slave to sin; by Him I'm owned.
Where is your victory now, O Hades?
For the cross has declared: your pow'r will cease
Where is your sting over those who are His?
For you are conquered by the Prince of Peace.
Praises and glory be to God Most High!
Now, like an eagle, I am free to fly!
'Salvation belongs to our King! ', we cry
For we have been set free to testify!
How gracious are You, O Lord of heaven!
How good are You, Father of creation!
For by Your saving grace, we're forgiven
And through Your Son, You've made us Your children!
Let the saints rejoice in their Creator -
God remembers your transgressions no more;
Yes, let the saved be glad in their Savior
For by Christ, your sins have been atoned for!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Romans 8: 1 says 'There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.'
Comments about this poem (A Redemption Song by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)