RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Reason For Death
Everywhere I look - everywhere I see - Mom is looking back at me.
Such a total part of my life is gone now.
There is no more reason for my being or doing anything.
I am my only reason now. It's lonely. I feel abandoned.
Even family can't fill this emptiness.
Will it ever end? Will the pain and sorrow always be this acute?
The knowing of her death sears my brain.
It awakens me all hours of the night.
For no reason I just start crying - then I realize I've been thinking of my Mom.
Will I ever have life again?
If so, it will always hold tears for Mom.
I think of all the happy things and times we talked and I cry because I miss them all now.
I can't slide thru life anymore - I have to pick each step carefully.
Life is short, we do our own thing and we die.
Only handfuls of people feel our passing, so I'll make sure they are good people.
People who give my death a reason for having lived.
Everywhere I look - everywhere I see - I am looking back at only me.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Reason For Death by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)