RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Reason For Death
Everywhere I look - everywhere I see - Mom is looking back at me.
Such a total part of my life is gone now.
There is no more reason for my being or doing anything.
I am my only reason now. It's lonely. I feel abandoned.
Even family can't fill this emptiness.
Will it ever end? Will the pain and sorrow always be this acute?
The knowing of her death sears my brain.
It awakens me all hours of the night.
For no reason I just start crying - then I realize I've been thinking of my Mom.
Will I ever have life again?
If so, it will always hold tears for Mom.
I think of all the happy things and times we talked and I cry because I miss them all now.
I can't slide thru life anymore - I have to pick each step carefully.
Life is short, we do our own thing and we die.
Only handfuls of people feel our passing, so I'll make sure they are good people.
People who give my death a reason for having lived.
Everywhere I look - everywhere I see - I am looking back at only me.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Reason For Death by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty