A Ray of Hope
Tonight I left the light on.
I cannot stand the dark.
I need to see a flicker,
even a tiny spark.
A ray of hope that stays with me
in the shadows on my wall.
For all that's been with me in the day
has left no hope at all.
No phone to answer,
No words to hear,
No lyrical sounds
within my ear.
So I shall content myself this night
and soothe my heart from ache.
And you, I know will sleep soundly
as the night time hours break.
When the morning dawns and night is gone
and still my light I see,
my time is here to turn it off
and nod off sleepily.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Ray of Hope by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar