A Ray of Hope
Tonight I left the light on.
I cannot stand the dark.
I need to see a flicker,
even a tiny spark.
A ray of hope that stays with me
in the shadows on my wall.
For all that's been with me in the day
has left no hope at all.
No phone to answer,
No words to hear,
No lyrical sounds
within my ear.
So I shall content myself this night
and soothe my heart from ache.
And you, I know will sleep soundly
as the night time hours break.
When the morning dawns and night is gone
and still my light I see,
my time is here to turn it off
and nod off sleepily.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Ray of Hope by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane