Have you never
' What do I Know? '
And when I have
I've come to feel
A dandelion seed
By the wind
' Why? ', you ask.
Within that shriveled head,
Beneath one dead grey tuft
There lies a secret -
That tiny speck of brown
Knows how to grow
Another plant complete!
To multiply itself
Ten thousand fold!
This secret be mine?
Will I be so complete?
Where's my shrivelled head
With one grey tuft -
To welcome it!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Question by Mike Barrett )
Did you read them?
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)