Have you never
' What do I Know? '
And when I have
I've come to feel
A dandelion seed
By the wind
' Why? ', you ask.
Within that shriveled head,
Beneath one dead grey tuft
There lies a secret -
That tiny speck of brown
Knows how to grow
Another plant complete!
To multiply itself
Ten thousand fold!
This secret be mine?
Will I be so complete?
Where's my shrivelled head
With one grey tuft -
To welcome it!
© M. Barrett – all rights reserved
Mike Barrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Question by Mike Barrett )
- honneur, xxx xxx
- Take a bit less, gajanan mishra
- Right To Die, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Old Woman, Joseph Campbell
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)