A Proposal in a Thrilling way!
Shifted to new place
my office too far
No option, commute by bus..
Many calls I got for appointment.
First time I got blank call
Followed everyday the same 12pm
This time my friend took call
He said he want to speak to me only
He said today you look dull
What happen, no charm in your face.
But yesterday you looked gorgeous.
Then each day
Some lovely comments followed
I was just surprised how he know my each details
One day in bus stop one car just stopped and offered lift.
Bluntly I said no.
But later I realized I didn't notice him.
A familiar voice, I heard in office
But he left in no time
Again phone, so you were trying to reach me.
Today, I offered you lift.
Anyway I like your smartness.
Today, you look wonderful.
This colour suits you very well.
You look pretty.
I would like to meet you personally.
I really got embarrassed.
But couldn't find about him.
I felt, I spoke to him many times
Especially the voice, I was trying to recollect.
One day I had presentation
Around twenty people as usual were those.
Just after everything over.
In a 5 minutes, your presentation was superb and you too.
He said lowering voice, you looked awesome.
Can I see you?
What do you mean?
The next day,
Some guest with families arrived surprisingly.
My mom asked me to serve tea and snacks to them.
I thought may be some dads family friend
I served tea to all
But the last person,
Shocked to see him..
What is he doing here
I have met him and spoke to him too in office.
But the word Hello, lowering his voice.
I just stared at him
Cup about to slip from my hand.
But he was sure, such thing will happen, he caught it.
And all started laughing.
It was just the embarrassing moment for me.
A thrilling proposal it was.
Purely my Imagination....
May God bless you all to have beautiful imagination
But do share with us..Thank you.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Proposal in a Thrilling way! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- DR.JOSE RIZAL the Hero and the great Mal.., Antonio Liao
- ಧೂಮ್ರಪಾನ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)