A Price to Pay
My heart skips a beat when you're talking to me.
I can barely say a word, but when I do,
It sounds absurd.
My lower lip would shake sometimes
and I'd write corny poems with corny rhymes.
Smiling like an idiot, you'll find I'd mostly do,
Especially, and only because,
I'm thinking of you.
Love gets me this way
and acting stupid,
is a worthy price to pay
Monina Furigay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Price to Pay by Monina Furigay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What my heart says, Gregory Kelley
- More, douglas scotney
- To the Apple Green, Peach Blossomed Skie.., mary douglas
- Qoute # 5, Is It Poetry
- The Impolite Proprietress, Terence G. Craddock
- Love, Melissa K Vigna
- It's Over, Melissa K Vigna
- The Rider, Melissa K Vigna
- Party, Melissa K Vigna
- Wonderland, Melissa K Vigna