A Precious Love
Every time I speak to you the darkness lifts, the pain is through.
I no longer feel so dim and weak.
Knowing of your love so sweet.
You're here today, and now it's all okay.
I no longer feel the lonely cutting blade.
It feels so good here in your arms.
It warms me through and makes me feel oh so strong.
You turn me into a man I like.
You give me hope and clear all spite.
What would I do without you near?
Be consumed by total hate and fear.
Protect me now in tender love.
Keep the world out,
and always be my peaceful dove.
I love you I'm so glad you're mine.
You're the greatest lady of beginning time.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Precious Love by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton
- Shroud Of Smile, Rex mayor Ubini
- You, Jacob macharia
- नायहरदोँ आं गसंनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Until I See You Again, Lilly Emery