A Prayer For God's Love...
Shelter me, from life's dark sorrows,
Take me 'neath your wings of love;
Give me to me the secrets of the 'morrow,
As I search the heavens up above.
Give me strength to face the day,
Let me go and keep me strong;
Put me on the right and proper way,
Help me discern the right from wrong.
Help me Lord, to send out peace,
To comfort those who are in need;
Give to me the joy that does not cease,
Help me bind the wounds of those who bleed.
Keep me Lord, on that narrow path,
Lock from me that sinner's door;
I fear God and his great wrath,
Keep me safe on His sweet shore.
Shelter me from fools that wonder,
Who laugh and say, there is no God;
Let them hear the Lord's great thunder,
Startle then with His great lightning rods.
Place with me the people that you cherish,
Let me sing with them, Praises to your Name,
Give me the fear of God, lest I ignorantly perish,
and I've no one, but myself to blame.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer For God's Love... by david lessard )
- Life and body separable, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 10, ramesh rai
- Beyond my Soul, John Siregar
- Searching Blonde, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)