A Prayer For God's Love...
Shelter me, from life's dark sorrows,
Take me 'neath your wings of love;
Give me to me the secrets of the 'morrow,
As I search the heavens up above.
Give me strength to face the day,
Let me go and keep me strong;
Put me on the right and proper way,
Help me discern the right from wrong.
Help me Lord, to send out peace,
To comfort those who are in need;
Give to me the joy that does not cease,
Help me bind the wounds of those who bleed.
Keep me Lord, on that narrow path,
Lock from me that sinner's door;
I fear God and his great wrath,
Keep me safe on His sweet shore.
Shelter me from fools that wonder,
Who laugh and say, there is no God;
Let them hear the Lord's great thunder,
Startle then with His great lightning rods.
Place with me the people that you cherish,
Let me sing with them, Praises to your Name,
Give me the fear of God, lest I ignorantly perish,
and I've no one, but myself to blame.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer For God's Love... by david lessard )
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin