A Prayer For God's Love...
Shelter me, from life's dark sorrows,
Take me 'neath your wings of love;
Give me to me the secrets of the 'morrow,
As I search the heavens up above.
Give me strength to face the day,
Let me go and keep me strong;
Put me on the right and proper way,
Help me discern the right from wrong.
Help me Lord, to send out peace,
To comfort those who are in need;
Give to me the joy that does not cease,
Help me bind the wounds of those who bleed.
Keep me Lord, on that narrow path,
Lock from me that sinner's door;
I fear God and his great wrath,
Keep me safe on His sweet shore.
Shelter me from fools that wonder,
Who laugh and say, there is no God;
Let them hear the Lord's great thunder,
Startle then with His great lightning rods.
Place with me the people that you cherish,
Let me sing with them, Praises to your Name,
Give me the fear of God, lest I ignorantly perish,
and I've no one, but myself to blame.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Prayer For God's Love... by david lessard )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar