A Praise and Prayer
O Lord I cried out, and You answered.
You gave me the things I desired.
I grew weak and You empowered me,
You opened my eyes to see.
Now my face is turned to You alone,
For melting this heart of stone.
May I be as clay in Your pierced hands,
Carrying Your name to distant lands.
May Your love cover me everyday I wake,
So this life I cannot fake.
I wish I had much more to offer,
Or money to put in the coffer.
Lord use me as You see fit,
And in idleness may I not sit.
Prepare me to be sent out O God.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Praise and Prayer by Andrew Hinton )
- Fair And Equal World, Asghar Nazeer
- Really, it was, gajanan mishra
- Paradox, Paula Glynn
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With Dogs And Rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby