RIC S. BASTASA
A Poor Mortal Like Me
who does not love beauty?
anything beautiful, be it to the taste or to the touch
will always be desired
a body, a fruit, the sky,
something too near or too distant
if beautiful will always be desired
we wish it can be ours
i desire you,
you are so beautiful to me
i long to touch and kiss you,
but how sad can it be?
you are always a star in the sky
to the stone in my hand.
always a blooming flower
to the autumn of my eyes
you are always a bird with blue feathers perched upon a tree
while i am fenced away on the other side of the hill
my hands are useless, my tongue is dry,
my body is thinning out in grief
Time is teaching me more lessons,
I cannot have what i desire,
Beauty is not always in the reach
of a poor mortal whose hands are too
small like a flea
in the middle of the sea......
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poor Mortal Like Me by RIC S. BASTASA )
Did you read them?
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar