A Point Of No Return
Riding on wings of imagination I fly-
Fly to catch the colors of rainbow,
To float with deep blue clouds,
To become one with a peck of seagulls.
The soft breeze caress me
A flying eagle takes me under his wings as to
Shield me from menacing rays of burning sun
That is when I look down to see you
Calling me, cautioning me against the perils of
Unrestricted flights of mind.
Walking between the thin line of dreams and reality
I know you to be my lifeline.
The world beneath me is hard and cold,
Its cruel drudgery hampers my spirit.
Even in your loving embrace I flutter
Like a butterfly caught in a spider web.
Again and again I break loose to fly
To catch my dreams-
That bottomless pit of circular motion
Which has no walls to support me.
Merging with its speed I still see you as my lifeline
But wish for a point of no return.
Savita Tyagi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Point Of No Return by Savita Tyagi )
Did you read them?
- Dear Daughter, Dean Meredith
- That ugly frustration, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dorian Gray, Nassy Fesharaki
- Reality Is, Esther Thornburg
- Our days are clearly well-known, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life, samuel sannoh
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)