A Poetic Existence
Want to be with you;
The desire suffers all day long
Amidst my routine work.
Meetings, reports, presentations
Keep you away from me like a distant dream.
You come and waive your hands at me
And I let you go.
Like the way,
You came to embrace me today;
When I heard the sound of first drop of monsoon rain
On my window glass pane.
With the strike of Northwester,
When a sudden darkness dropped its curtain
In the meeting room
And a speech stopped with complete silence,
I could not respond.
Not that I could open the door for you.
I let you leave quietly.
I wait patiently till then,
When the tide of work mellows down
With its submission to the silent standstill world.
When the Moon might be in the sky
Or it is a Moonless starry night
And the earth goes off to sleep.
Shackle free, I stand before you
Pull you in close to my heart.
Your wordy body with touch of my lips
Becomes bright, more meaningful
Shines in the ocean of silence.
Oh poetry, my love
Look at me
Tearing the clothing of all day long;
Bare, a true self of mine awaits
To be with you,
To move into you,
To float with you in ecstasy...
Kingshuk Chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poetic Existence by Kingshuk Chakraborty )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan