A Poet's Plight (2)
Glaring at a blank page
A perfect virgin white
Pen in hand, yet topic unclear
Of what will this poet write?
Of young love or new love?
No! Something much less trite!
Of how the planets dance in space
Morning, noon and night?
But how could I describe it?
Something that's out of sight
With imaginative creativity?
With adjectives warm and bright?
But none come to mind
At least none that sound right
So now I lay this poem to rest
I admit I have lost this fight…
I needn't describe what I feel
For a poet knows a poet's plight
Portia Lane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet's Plight (2) by Portia Lane )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...