A Poet's Plight (2)
Glaring at a blank page
A perfect virgin white
Pen in hand, yet topic unclear
Of what will this poet write?
Of young love or new love?
No! Something much less trite!
Of how the planets dance in space
Morning, noon and night?
But how could I describe it?
Something that's out of sight
With imaginative creativity?
With adjectives warm and bright?
But none come to mind
At least none that sound right
So now I lay this poem to rest
I admit I have lost this fight…
I needn't describe what I feel
For a poet knows a poet's plight
Portia Lane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet's Plight (2) by Portia Lane )
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Alan W. Jankowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 February 1970-)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)