A Poet's Beloved
If you surrender to a rich man, he may give you a mansion,
delicious foods, many a nice clothe and physical pleasure.
He may give you a heart as dead as a withered river.
He may love you too and make you the owner of a vast land.
Tell me, o virgin, can a mere land be the price of your body?
Those who are slaves of body are not able to recognize
the secret mines of mystery lying into the folds of your body.
Only the goldsmiths know the value of gold.
Who knows what a jewel your beauty is but a poet?
Be my beloved, o girl, you will gain the life of a nymph.
For your one wink, I will give you the heart of all flowers
and compose the new verses of kiss on your lips.
If you offer me your heart, o virgin, don't get afraid,
all on a sudden I will write an immortal epic for you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet's Beloved by Sayeed Abubakar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- aliens different to my norm, lee fones
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French