A Poet's Beloved
If you surrender to a rich man, he may give you a mansion,
delicious foods, many a nice clothe and physical pleasure.
He may give you a heart as dead as a withered river.
He may love you too and make you the owner of a vast land.
Tell me, o virgin, can a mere land be the price of your body?
Those who are slaves of body are not able to recognize
the secret mines of mystery lying into the folds of your body.
Only the goldsmiths know the value of gold.
Who knows what a jewel your beauty is but a poet?
Be my beloved, o girl, you will gain the life of a nymph.
For your one wink, I will give you the heart of all flowers
and compose the new verses of kiss on your lips.
If you offer me your heart, o virgin, don't get afraid,
all on a sudden I will write an immortal epic for you.
Sayeed Abubakar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet's Beloved by Sayeed Abubakar )
Did you read them?
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos