Who is a poet?
A poet is the one who is full of emotions
Who can feel each emotions
feel each surroundings,
Which has to pass thru him
Before It is put down on paper.
Words carefully selected
Clarity in conveying the message
Choosing correct message is important.
The reader should be able to
understand the message hidden in the poem.
Emotions very well expressed.
Makes the poem well read.
Poet is the one who can switch on
To different emotions and characters in no time.
Poet is the one who play with the words
So fluently like a person playing a flute.
Poet is nothing but the director
Who direct words in mind.
All the roles and characters are played by him only.
He choose the location mentally.
And put each character in paper.
Here script, story, action, direction and editing.
Everything he frames in his mind.
And a beautiful poem is the outcome!
Poet is the one, who is all in one.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Miep - A Woman of Courage, David Clinch
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)