Who is a poet?
A poet is the one who is full of emotions
Who can feel each emotions
feel each surroundings,
Which has to pass thru him
Before It is put down on paper.
Words carefully selected
Clarity in conveying the message
Choosing correct message is important.
The reader should be able to
understand the message hidden in the poem.
Emotions very well expressed.
Makes the poem well read.
Poet is the one who can switch on
To different emotions and characters in no time.
Poet is the one who play with the words
So fluently like a person playing a flute.
Poet is nothing but the director
Who direct words in mind.
All the roles and characters are played by him only.
He choose the location mentally.
And put each character in paper.
Here script, story, action, direction and editing.
Everything he frames in his mind.
And a beautiful poem is the outcome!
Poet is the one, who is all in one.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet! by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- I Poet Seer of the Parched throat, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Civilization of our people, Emmanuel George Cefai
- मोदैनि थरथिँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The wounds of May, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I suffer pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Now June begins., Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Day Is Nearly Done, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish I were a butterfly, Victoria Robbins
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MINE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- THEIR PAINS AND THEIR SUFFERINGS ARE MIN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI