Who is a poet?
A poet is the one who is full of emotions
Who can feel each emotions
feel each surroundings,
Which has to pass thru him
Before It is put down on paper.
Words carefully selected
Clarity in conveying the message
Choosing correct message is important.
The reader should be able to
understand the message hidden in the poem.
Emotions very well expressed.
Makes the poem well read.
Poet is the one who can switch on
To different emotions and characters in no time.
Poet is the one who play with the words
So fluently like a person playing a flute.
Poet is nothing but the director
Who direct words in mind.
All the roles and characters are played by him only.
He choose the location mentally.
And put each character in paper.
Here script, story, action, direction and editing.
Everything he frames in his mind.
And a beautiful poem is the outcome!
Poet is the one, who is all in one.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- How Do I Love Thee?, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Poem of the Day
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray