Who is a poet?
A poet is the one who is full of emotions
Who can feel each emotions
feel each surroundings,
Which has to pass thru him
Before It is put down on paper.
Words carefully selected
Clarity in conveying the message
Choosing correct message is important.
The reader should be able to
understand the message hidden in the poem.
Emotions very well expressed.
Makes the poem well read.
Poet is the one who can switch on
To different emotions and characters in no time.
Poet is the one who play with the words
So fluently like a person playing a flute.
Poet is nothing but the director
Who direct words in mind.
All the roles and characters are played by him only.
He choose the location mentally.
And put each character in paper.
Here script, story, action, direction and editing.
Everything he frames in his mind.
And a beautiful poem is the outcome!
Poet is the one, who is all in one.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poet! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Indian Serenade, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- If We Ever Meet Again....., Lichu Thomas
- Because I Care, Shahid Hussain Chouhdry
- o! she's gone away, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Bombs, Stratis Havarti
- Harmony, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Adnate to the Funicle, Robert Ronnow
- Lime-trees, Dr John Celes
- South Bronx, Robert Ronnow
- The Slow Dimension, Sare Sayidi
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow