A Poem That Found Me On Shivraatri
I throbbed in my gut
foreboding the undesired.
Every ticking rolled
in sleepless stupor
as expectation and disappointment
weighed at their miserable best
failing to balance;
they fell down with a thud.
I stood glued insomniac eye blinking
and bleeding through the many
invisible wounds. The swift road
never ends. Endless. Endless. Endless.
Nothing ever left behind either.
Love overflowing like a sewage
to wash itself away. Bricks cracked
and loosened for no particular reason.
All around ghostly paleness;
heads turn away from the other.
A bomb lurks behind
every ticking threatening
to explode at any unguarded moment
to tear the house into smithereens.
Shame. Shame. Shame.
Civility, warmth, affections
always in hiding behind what
nobody knows! This day isn't
like yesterday or tomorrow.
Unkind the cut.
Every brick stands in shameful
Cracked. Cracked. Cracked.
Bleeding. Bleeding. Bleeding.
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem That Found Me On Shivraatri by indira babbellapati )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard