A Poem, A Painting; A Dream
My eyes nailed on the words written
On a leaf of paper floating in the air;
Misty eyes devoured the painted sunset
and feasted on every ray,
Painting of their love glared behind the clouds
As if hiding away.
Words formed from clouds where,
Memories rise within her reach
As she sits alone at the beach.
Her heart hums the tune of the days,
Sweetly blows the breeze,
Gently ruffles the leaves of yesterday.
As her eyes followed
The brown leaves gently falls on the ground.
Love gleefully waves at the blue skies
Welcoming the gentle drizzles, showering
New leaves slowly grow on every branch
Believing its strength as it strongly stand.
From blurred images appear gentle hands;
Gently lifting the waving sunset
Before darkness swallow its last ray
Lighting the place where love lies,
Warming the embers before it totally dies.
Burning with spoken promises
A promise of a beautiful tomorrow
A promise of a life together
A promise of a new love
As soft sound of a wave slowly splashes;
A cool dropp touches my face,
As I”m trying to catch the last painting,
My mind wandering, was it just a dream?
Maia Padua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem, A Painting; A Dream by Maia Padua )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- niet overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum