A Poem A Day Keeps The Madness Away
Slept eight and a half
completely empty of anything,
grind my Colombian beans,
cook a microwave dinner,
stare at the empty cup i left
on the red rug earlier,
tried to watch a movie
but kept dosing off,
this German women got trapped
behind an invisible wall,
this i Know...
try to remember what I
was dreaming about?
while pushing the rice grains
from one plastic compartment
into the other,
as a whole
green pea with little flavour
bursts inside my mouth,
and a pineapple chunk too!
the bedroom is aired now,
shut the window, pull the blinds,
put on my red polo shirt,
cross my arms,
look at what I've written so
far, then write this too,
pat my hair down,
this is 'Grand Supremo',
my sitting room door creaks
and opens a little,
and I get a small scare,
I left the window open
earlier, you see...
it's amazing what the average
bed room pit smells like...
I should know, I knock on doors,
and they bring it with them,
this is it I guess,
I've written this,
this is as real as it gets!
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem A Day Keeps The Madness Away by GRANT FRASER )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- ETC2, shuvo chakraborty
- A falling leaf, Manthra Hariharan
- Christmas Invite, Francisco R. Albano
- My Lord, abdulrazak aralimatti
- Jaundice jaundice, gajanan mishra
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.