A Place called HOME......the eldely infirm
I was the proverbial busy bee
Up in the attic down on my knee
Brush the piano feed the hare.
Tend the home with loving care.
To the market now, hitch a ride.
Water the hollyhocks on the side.
The fence an lawn were my pride.
So the kids an my hubby's stride.
Walked at a clip an over the hill.
How fast it was I wonder still.
Surely sets to our east and west,
At HOME here, a guess at best.
My glasses I broke on that sill,
get em fixed, don't have the will.
No ones been to see me for days
My sis when called, said she prays
See my hands, he'd tenderly hold,
gave me a solitaire, ringed in gold.
Wrinkled dry, parched with times.
Knobby; shakin, searching dimes.
Could you please do my bed?
Could you nurse have me fed.
O' someone please do my shirts
Do someone, please draw the curts
We wet eyed rock an wait our turns
As nature cavorts an the candle burns
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place called HOME......the eldely infirm by saadat tahir )
- কিছু মধুর স্মৃতি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- মেঘের দেশে কি তুমি এখনও হারাও?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The haze and mist., David Boyce
- ট্রেনের পরিত্যক্ত বোতল কুড়ানো ছেলেটি, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Conspiracy Theorists, Saiom Shriver
- Let the hands help the eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- বৃদ্ধ বয়স, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Mama's Secret, Martina Moriarty
- Norway Whale Slaughter, Saiom Shriver
- Autumn to spring., David Boyce
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)