A Place called HOME......the eldely infirm
I was the proverbial busy bee
Up in the attic down on my knee
Brush the piano feed the hare.
Tend the home with loving care.
To the market now, hitch a ride.
Water the hollyhocks on the side.
The fence an lawn were my pride.
So the kids an my hubby's stride.
Walked at a clip an over the hill.
How fast it was I wonder still.
Surely sets to our east and west,
At HOME here, a guess at best.
My glasses I broke on that sill,
get em fixed, don't have the will.
No ones been to see me for days
My sis when called, said she prays
See my hands, he'd tenderly hold,
gave me a solitaire, ringed in gold.
Wrinkled dry, parched with times.
Knobby; shakin, searching dimes.
Could you please do my bed?
Could you nurse have me fed.
O' someone please do my shirts
Do someone, please draw the curts
We wet eyed rock an wait our turns
As nature cavorts an the candle burns
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Place called HOME......the eldely infirm by saadat tahir )
- Over Time, Fatima Nusairat
- Truth is that, gajanan mishra
- FUCHSIA, Aminath Neena
- love is an 8 ball- it is decidedly so, Mandolyn ...
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)