A Pair of Mallards
Lurking sun behind high trees,
Winking slit at frequent breeze,
Beside was ocean spread long,
Motion hides curious pride prolong.
Intrepid waves too rush bright,
O'er open moisture shell delight.
As sailor goes somewhere light,
My enthusiastic step dashed slight.
Little congestion were prizing there.
Children's cry with bodies bare.
Abrupt, I feel soft voice puffing,
At distance bicycle two girls coming.
What they bore transparent base.
Deem secure from hot dog-days!
Their fleshy hold when seemed glee,
Ready out squirmed complete free.
Movement one crack to another,
Wrestle sure no bound further.
Disperse time cheer pleasure thermically,
We drift precise melodious absolutely,
Make jest discover His kind wish,
Avert call ancestor's wistful kiss.
Soon trait the poser acute nip,
Alarm each on demand by mysterious sip.
Along whirling current find both,
Clasping a pair of mallards growth.
Place before dense shrub appear.
Glorify beauty lead Kollam fair.
They stumble seen disturbed but,
These prospective eyes supported yet.
If virtue exists in thy soul:
Hands touches blind gloomy goal.
Man's error might be exempted,
Delay punish hooligan, cruelty awarded.
Hence provide defense to deserving ability,
Taste joy, greet, reach gate wide extremity.
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Pair of Mallards by Ravindra Kumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How I Feel, Leong Ming Loong
- Something Systemic, Francie Lynch
- Alone This Morning, Francie Lynch
- Tell Then To Go, Francie Lynch
- Cutters, Francie Lynch
- Seeing the Happiness of Souls, Sayeed Abubakar
- Let it come to war, James Jarrett
- Pee-On, Francie Lynch
- Oloso(Harlot), Olufayo Ezekiel