Darkness falls upon the land.
The night, silent and so dark.
Creatures make noise from their habitats.
I claw into my bed, its time to sleep.
In a flash I get lost.
Monsters of the night are on the run.
Terrorising my heart and my soul.
I scream silently and murmur loudly.
The soul is willing to fight but the flesh is paralysed.
Ghosts appear on the wall,
Stretching their arms to me as they glow.
Sweat on my skin oozes and starts to flow.
The whole picture becomes scary.
And my rapid eye movement is in a hurry.
The darkest hour is at hand,
ghosts and monsters flood the land.
Creeping in search of a prey,
and they find only me and I could’t even pray.
I suddenly wake up sweating
It’s already early morning.
And I was dreaming.
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Nightmare by Dash Black )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano