A Night's Love
Every night I patiently await,
For a knight to be my charming mate.
I look at the moon shining bright
Cool like a shining armor knight.
Silky the rays glide,
Pelting dewdrops alongside.
Gracefully the knight walks by,
Sits on a knee and raises his head high.
Takes my hand and I sigh,
Holds my waist as we sway by.
We dance and we sway
As the nightingale sings away.
He gave me a soft peck
As the silly cloud came to check.
How gentle was his kiss,
It was something I’ll forever miss.
He caught a dewdropp fine
Slid it into my finger which made him mine.
I felt happy and light as a bubble
It ended soon as I’d already seen a trouble.
Alas! My happiness was short lived
The night only had a few moments to give
I struggled in vain and the clouds were grey
He started to leave, but I asked him to stay
He looked into my eyes n hugged me tight
And said our love lasted only this night
He left in despair back to his land
I was left crying crouched in sand
Tears roll through my eyes every night
I look up at the sky patiently awaiting my knight
I hope that my knight will return from the land of moon
Oh! My heart knows for sure this hopes going to drown soon
Blossom Mist's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Night's Love by Blossom Mist )
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
- Ludio ludius Lego, michael walkerjohn
- Right to exist, hasmukh amathalal
- Dead Leaves, David Lacey
- Brookstones, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)