A Night's Love
Every night I patiently await,
For a knight to be my charming mate.
I look at the moon shining bright
Cool like a shining armor knight.
Silky the rays glide,
Pelting dewdrops alongside.
Gracefully the knight walks by,
Sits on a knee and raises his head high.
Takes my hand and I sigh,
Holds my waist as we sway by.
We dance and we sway
As the nightingale sings away.
He gave me a soft peck
As the silly cloud came to check.
How gentle was his kiss,
It was something I’ll forever miss.
He caught a dewdropp fine
Slid it into my finger which made him mine.
I felt happy and light as a bubble
It ended soon as I’d already seen a trouble.
Alas! My happiness was short lived
The night only had a few moments to give
I struggled in vain and the clouds were grey
He started to leave, but I asked him to stay
He looked into my eyes n hugged me tight
And said our love lasted only this night
He left in despair back to his land
I was left crying crouched in sand
Tears roll through my eyes every night
I look up at the sky patiently awaiting my knight
I hope that my knight will return from the land of moon
Oh! My heart knows for sure this hopes going to drown soon
Blossom Mist's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Night's Love by Blossom Mist )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Living With Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- December, Nassy Fesharaki
- Warmth, Michael McParland
- Lovely and nice future, hasmukh amathalal
- A Dream Outside a Dream, Amber Carr
- Saying What We Are Not, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Grieve Your Old Self, Frank Okoth
- Poetry, Adriana Avila
- Universal Heart Association, Adriana Avila
- Sleeping Soundly(also known as: Thought .., Luo Zhihai