A New Year of Hope for You
Do you feel hopeless?
Are you tired of trying anymore?
Do you feel empty and alone?
Trying everything you can but failing at every turn.
Lost and desperate for change.
You cannot trust anyone with your feelings.
Friends you love beat you down.
Well let me tell you there is hope.
It is a new year.
Reflect on yesterday.
It is over and done with.
You know what your problems are.
You are only defeating yourself.
Take charge and know that today is a new day.
Full of hope and faith.
Reflect on your past mistakes.
Avoid them again by what you learned.
You can change your life for the better.
Take the path laid before you with confidence.
Knowing that you are in control.
Write down your problems.
What caused them and what you need to do to conquer them.
Forgive yourself and forgive your friends.
Tackle each problem one by one until they are gone.
One step at a time.
Cross out each past issue and rejoice victoriously.
Realize you are not a loser but a winner.
Be proud of yourself.
Learn to love life.
Learn to love your surroundings.
Learn to appreciate what you do have.
Once you do you will be blessed with more.
You will notice positive changes in your life.
Maybe not at the beginning but in time.
Begin to love yourself.
Then others will begin to love you.
Then your hope and faith will become reality.
And then you will see God was always there for you.
You realize you are never alone.
You realize God always had faith in you.
You realize life is worth living.
Dimitri Jagodinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Year of Hope for You by Dimitri Jagodinski )
Did you read them?
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Magical, David Harris
- A Necessary Wish, Sandra Feldman
- Stations of life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Before I Knocked, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)