A New Year of Hope for You
Do you feel hopeless?
Are you tired of trying anymore?
Do you feel empty and alone?
Trying everything you can but failing at every turn.
Lost and desperate for change.
You cannot trust anyone with your feelings.
Friends you love beat you down.
Well let me tell you there is hope.
It is a new year.
Reflect on yesterday.
It is over and done with.
You know what your problems are.
You are only defeating yourself.
Take charge and know that today is a new day.
Full of hope and faith.
Reflect on your past mistakes.
Avoid them again by what you learned.
You can change your life for the better.
Take the path laid before you with confidence.
Knowing that you are in control.
Write down your problems.
What caused them and what you need to do to conquer them.
Forgive yourself and forgive your friends.
Tackle each problem one by one until they are gone.
One step at a time.
Cross out each past issue and rejoice victoriously.
Realize you are not a loser but a winner.
Be proud of yourself.
Learn to love life.
Learn to love your surroundings.
Learn to appreciate what you do have.
Once you do you will be blessed with more.
You will notice positive changes in your life.
Maybe not at the beginning but in time.
Begin to love yourself.
Then others will begin to love you.
Then your hope and faith will become reality.
And then you will see God was always there for you.
You realize you are never alone.
You realize God always had faith in you.
You realize life is worth living.
Dimitri Jagodinski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Year of Hope for You by Dimitri Jagodinski )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)