A New Reality
You touch my battered heart
Like the feathered wings of angels,
You burst from my poor eyes
Like the tears of awakened love.
You flood perfume scarred lungs
Like the scent of summer roses,
You sparkle in my rhymes
Like the sentient stars above.
Your breath seeds sounds of rain
(Like distant drums) soothing my fears,
Your presence feeds my verse
Like mother earth's most verdant dreams.
Your voice calms savage soul
Like tranquil breeze caresses trees,
Your shadow shelters all
Like Light you move (you act) it seems.
You draw me from the sky
Like the call of nesting falcons,
You rob me of my breath
Like lava frozen in the sea
Your spark exceeds desire
Like a prism, reveals rainbows,
You fill my life with hope
Like a balloon that raptures me.
Brian Johnston's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Each image of this poem, although earth bound for the most part, is so extreme as to be really unattainable by any mortal woman. Though it sounds like that it is a woman who is being adored here, I wonder if perhaps God isn't really the only suitable candidate for the poet's love?
Comments about this poem (A New Reality by Brian Johnston )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Jena Crowe, you Should get a job at Wal-.., Mandolyn ...
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey