A New Order
On board the terrace of my despondency
I beheld the strength of the weak made manifest,
As the weakness of the strong ebbs.
I saw the lame limp without feet,
The speechless, express'd the vision of the blind.
With the voice of anguish they cry,
Cried, how shall we!
I beheld a flicker in the shadow that embraced the blind,
Illuminated by a Will, Courage and Believe.
Out of one man's sacrifice - a new world was born.
Then they dance,
Danc'd to a new song sang by the mute.
In that moment of triumph,
Their separateness was unified.
A new strength was born.
Instructed by the wisdom of the ignorance,
The world was ablaze.
Then the childless gave suck,
The dumbness of the dumb obliterated,
While the darkness of the unsighted was lighten'd
And the feebleness of the lame faded into the night.
They established precedence.
They broke loose,
Out of the unwalled prison that incarcerated their minds.
They limp'd forth, like tiny flames from the furnace of affliction.
They crawl'd, out of the dreary depth of despair
To the lighte'd height of hope.
In unison the boundaries they broke.
And they abandon'd their affairs with the past,
To concentrate on the rendezvous with the morrow.
A new order was born.
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Order by Dave BenOdafe )
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)