A New Order
On board the terrace of my despondency
I beheld the strength of the weak made manifest,
As the weakness of the strong ebbs.
I saw the lame limp without feet,
The speechless, express'd the vision of the blind.
With the voice of anguish they cry,
Cried, how shall we!
I beheld a flicker in the shadow that embraced the blind,
Illuminated by a Will, Courage and Believe.
Out of one man's sacrifice - a new world was born.
Then they dance,
Danc'd to a new song sang by the mute.
In that moment of triumph,
Their separateness was unified.
A new strength was born.
Instructed by the wisdom of the ignorance,
The world was ablaze.
Then the childless gave suck,
The dumbness of the dumb obliterated,
While the darkness of the unsighted was lighten'd
And the feebleness of the lame faded into the night.
They established precedence.
They broke loose,
Out of the unwalled prison that incarcerated their minds.
They limp'd forth, like tiny flames from the furnace of affliction.
They crawl'd, out of the dreary depth of despair
To the lighte'd height of hope.
In unison the boundaries they broke.
And they abandon'd their affairs with the past,
To concentrate on the rendezvous with the morrow.
A new order was born.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Order by Dave BenOdafe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- If My Voice Is Not Reaching You, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka