A New life
The people come to see the play
and all the players are on the stage.
The final act is about to start
and you and I must play our part.
Sadness dances on our lips
a gentle kiss upon your cheek
and then with nothing left to say
we both turn and walk away.
I watch you board the train
travelling to a place far away.
A last wave from behind the doors
and now I must learn to live with your loss.
In the dead of night I'll fly
to another place another time.
In this world I'll try to find
the fairy tale of your new life.
I see your holy child sleeps upstairs
all curls and golden hair.
Sleep sweet child I'll never know, sleep
to the lullaby your mother sings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New life by Chris Zachariou )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- EDUCATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The night is heavy, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Your sacred hummock, Emmanuel George Cefai
- SHOW UP 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Name Him, Susan Lacovara