A New life
The people come to see the play
and all the players are on the stage.
The final act is about to start
and you and I must play our part.
Sadness dances on our lips
a gentle kiss upon your cheek
and then with nothing left to say
we both turn and walk away.
I watch you board the train
travelling to a place far away.
A last wave from behind the doors
and now I must learn to live with your loss.
In the dead of night I'll fly
to another place another time.
In this world I'll try to find
the fairy tale of your new life.
I see your holy child sleeps upstairs
all curls and golden hair.
Sleep sweet child I'll never know, sleep
to the lullaby your mother sings.
Chris Zachariou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New life by Chris Zachariou )
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra