A New life
The people come to see the play
and all the players are on the stage.
The final act is about to start
and you and I must play our part.
Sadness dances on our lips
a gentle kiss upon your cheek
and then with nothing left to say
we both turn and walk away.
I watch you board the train
travelling to a place far away.
A last wave from behind the doors
and now I must learn to live with your loss.
In the dead of night I'll fly
to another place another time.
In this world I'll try to find
the fairy tale of your new life.
I see your holy child sleeps upstairs
all curls and golden hair.
Sleep sweet child I'll never know, sleep
to the lullaby your mother sings.
Chris Zachariou's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New life by Chris Zachariou )
- [Challenge] Entrees for September- You C.., Brian Johnston
- Dead men walk!, bryan wallace
- Tangnai Horni Simang, Boro Brahma
- Baonw Haya Ang, Boro Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Elizabeth my Muse of love poetry., Erato
- I Am Not, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Empty life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)