A New life
The people come to see the play
and all the players are on the stage.
The final act is about to start
and you and I must play our part.
Sadness dances on our lips
a gentle kiss upon your cheek
and then with nothing left to say
we both turn and walk away.
I watch you board the train
travelling to a place far away.
A last wave from behind the doors
and now I must learn to live with your loss.
In the dead of night I'll fly
to another place another time.
In this world I'll try to find
the fairy tale of your new life.
I see your holy child sleeps upstairs
all curls and golden hair.
Sleep sweet child I'll never know, sleep
to the lullaby your mother sings.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New life by Chris Zachariou )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA