A New Kingdom
It was the sound of evensong
that filled my heart with love
and brought my faith alive again
to praise the One above.
It was the sound of Jesus' voice
which fell upon my ear
and healed the pain of yesterday
and overcame my fear.
It was the chime of wedding bells
resounding from the past
that brought our romance back again
and dried my tears at last.
beautiful birdsong ever sweet
will bless each dewy dawn
for when I look and see you there
a new kingdom will be born.
Joyce Hemsley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Kingdom by Joyce Hemsley )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan