A New Day, A New Life, A New Beauty
Nature makes room for all to come into the world.
The soft-eyed fawn,
Nestles against her mother’s
Leathery, yet soft hide.
They chase butterflies and birds.
Beautiful, delicate, and dappled with sunlight.
Fillies and colts,
Prance to and fro,
Trying their best to imitate their father.
Yet when they’re grown,
They bloom like flowers.
Beautiful, Courageous, and Strong-Willed.
The wolf pup
Yips and yaps,
Tumbling through the tall, dancing grass,
Sniffing wild flowers.
Young, carefree, and strong.
Jaguars, Cougars, Lions, Tigers
All start as kittens.
They prowl, stalk, and pounce.
Twisting in midair, leaping over hedges,
Romping in the dark.
Quick-witted, sly, and mysterious,
Birds of different colors
Possess different airs of beauty.
The lark’s lyrical song touches many,
The parrot’s beauty takes one’s breathe away,
And even the crow,
Whom could be a nuisance to crops,
Are admired for their intelligence.
Yet they all have one in common:
They were all once small, meek hatch-lings.
Is born small, and delicate.
Yet when he’s grown,
The words that describe him are priceless.
“Beautiful, Courageous, Stubborn,
And many a time, loyal.”
A New Day, A New Life, A New Love.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Day, A New Life, A New Beauty by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Can't Win, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Free Samples, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dr. Lmst., RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After An Unfortunate Incident, Morgan Michaels
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)