A New Day, A New Life, A New Beauty
Nature makes room for all to come into the world.
The soft-eyed fawn,
Nestles against her mother’s
Leathery, yet soft hide.
They chase butterflies and birds.
Beautiful, delicate, and dappled with sunlight.
Fillies and colts,
Prance to and fro,
Trying their best to imitate their father.
Yet when they’re grown,
They bloom like flowers.
Beautiful, Courageous, and Strong-Willed.
The wolf pup
Yips and yaps,
Tumbling through the tall, dancing grass,
Sniffing wild flowers.
Young, carefree, and strong.
Jaguars, Cougars, Lions, Tigers
All start as kittens.
They prowl, stalk, and pounce.
Twisting in midair, leaping over hedges,
Romping in the dark.
Quick-witted, sly, and mysterious,
Birds of different colors
Possess different airs of beauty.
The lark’s lyrical song touches many,
The parrot’s beauty takes one’s breathe away,
And even the crow,
Whom could be a nuisance to crops,
Are admired for their intelligence.
Yet they all have one in common:
They were all once small, meek hatch-lings.
Is born small, and delicate.
Yet when he’s grown,
The words that describe him are priceless.
“Beautiful, Courageous, Stubborn,
And many a time, loyal.”
A New Day, A New Life, A New Love.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Day, A New Life, A New Beauty by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Block them, hasmukh amathalal
- Milk and wine, gajanan mishra
- Go on learning, Aftab Alam
- quand il pleut, xxx xxx
- How can I tell the truth, gajanan mishra
- A Few Beautiful Poems for Whom, for What…, Hebert Logerie
- Flash trade, hasmukh amathalal
- I know no one besides my mother, gajanan mishra
- Her Front Door, Randy McClave
- Thankless animal, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Surfer, Judith Wright
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All Day It Has Rained, Alun Lewis
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)