A New Day, A New Life, A New Beauty
Nature makes room for all to come into the world.
The soft-eyed fawn,
Nestles against her mother’s
Leathery, yet soft hide.
They chase butterflies and birds.
Beautiful, delicate, and dappled with sunlight.
Fillies and colts,
Prance to and fro,
Trying their best to imitate their father.
Yet when they’re grown,
They bloom like flowers.
Beautiful, Courageous, and Strong-Willed.
The wolf pup
Yips and yaps,
Tumbling through the tall, dancing grass,
Sniffing wild flowers.
Young, carefree, and strong.
Jaguars, Cougars, Lions, Tigers
All start as kittens.
They prowl, stalk, and pounce.
Twisting in midair, leaping over hedges,
Romping in the dark.
Quick-witted, sly, and mysterious,
Birds of different colors
Possess different airs of beauty.
The lark’s lyrical song touches many,
The parrot’s beauty takes one’s breathe away,
And even the crow,
Whom could be a nuisance to crops,
Are admired for their intelligence.
Yet they all have one in common:
They were all once small, meek hatch-lings.
Is born small, and delicate.
Yet when he’s grown,
The words that describe him are priceless.
“Beautiful, Courageous, Stubborn,
And many a time, loyal.”
A New Day, A New Life, A New Love.
Cassandra Jasmine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Day, A New Life, A New Beauty by Cassandra Jasmine )
- Zero Turkey Wing, Havilah
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)