A New Day
Let not the night play its tune out.
Oh let that deep sleep endure,
Sweet dreams where I did shout
That seemed to grip me so sure.
And let not my stamina fail
Under the covers I have warm feet
For the weakness of the night prevail,
This morning is too early to greet.
The morning comes with such speed,
The glinting light through the blinds,
The morning's activities I must seed
And start upon that daily grind.
Shall I roll over for here to stay?
And force the night to more play
Or go sure footed into the day
And let come by what may.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A New Day by David Wood )
Did you read them?
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi