A new day.
I'm lost without a reason to face each day,
curtains drawn bring uncertainty
as sleeps warm emrace turns cold
inside a moon's final farewell.
Why rise? Why even open eyes,
sewn shut with fear of new light,
when darkness cradles desires
and allows dreamers to lie to themselves.
Fall back, sunrise, please fade
into the dew kissed grass,
I wish to stay entangled
within his cool moonlit smile,
I long to remain inside his sleeping eyes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A new day. by Viola Grey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- tics, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Throwback Stances, Lawrence S. Pertillar