A new day.
I'm lost without a reason to face each day,
curtains drawn bring uncertainty
as sleeps warm emrace turns cold
inside a moon's final farewell.
Why rise? Why even open eyes,
sewn shut with fear of new light,
when darkness cradles desires
and allows dreamers to lie to themselves.
Fall back, sunrise, please fade
into the dew kissed grass,
I wish to stay entangled
within his cool moonlit smile,
I long to remain inside his sleeping eyes.
Viola Grey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A new day. by Viola Grey )
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal