A New Age
Beyond this present strand,
Herald the dawn of a new age,
With another incomplete generation,
And we leave the past to go on pilgrimage.
People reaching out for a new start,
Fleeing the present awful destiny,
With the shame and guilt of our past,
Crossing the rippling tides of history.
To explore a beautiful concept,
Leaving the dark dusty spirit,
Of this fading world dying debt,
With guilty pleasures we must neglect.
There is doubt in every candidates vote,
Stumbling on with promise accountability,
History rewritten on a new bank note,
And each decision causes more anxiety.
The new age owes no maintenance,
Over the darkness of this generation,
But offers hope and a life more intense,
Than the existence of present cohesion.
I will watch as new horizon turn the page,
Bands play music for the decade to dance,
We wait patiently at the crossing of a new age,
The decision of faith spun by chance.
New age may bring hope and credibility
But only where things exist of simplest nature,
To brighten the future with our destiny,
In pursuit of many more hopeful desire.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Age by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI