Lyudmila Purgina (Russian Federation)
A needle I was searching in moonlight,
In a huge haystack... Perhaps, it shines?
But all my efforts were in vain!
Who could in the huge pile define
The needle out of stalks, all faded?
But this was - the given task for me... They said,
It was the only way to work out problem,
Though it may be looking strange,
Their eagerness it's useful to express
In the affairs, to oblivion fated...
Poet Other Poems
- A burden
- A haunting melody - rabbit n fox
- A Key
- A little loss
- A love to power
- A needle
- A point
- A rest, which's...
- A.Akhmatova, A sobbing Autumn - translat...
- A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did cu...
- A.Akhmatova, And there in corner my marb...
- A.Akhmatova, Echo - translation (rus.)
- A.Akhmatova, Grasped my hands... - trans...
- A.Akhmatova, I heard a voice. - Translat...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.