A need for Windex
A need for Windex
The world is viewed by each of us through the windows of our mind.
Our views can become tainted, by thin layers of film I find.
Dulling the brightness that truly is there. Feeling the warmth faded as it falls upon us.
Giving false illusion, when we can’t see the dust.
Thin as the layer itself maybe, it’s joined with other debris.
Soot from fires gone by, tricking our mental eye.
Residue from rains that passed streaked by melting snow that never last.
Winters seemingly depressing feeling can set our minds sadly reeling.
Obscuring what we should be seen, not realizing the window is unclean.
A task best suited to the sunny days of spring, no need to rush to the window and clean.
But keep this thought inside your head,
Don’t trust the window you look through.
Check the world from outside instead.
For it shall offer the clearest view.
vern eaker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A need for Windex by vern eaker )
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)