The Queen's Dagger
A Mysterious Gift
You make me bow to accept your gift.
A box labeled 'joy' with binding ties.
Its bows glisten with enticing poison,
its silver paper glitters like a stolen gem.
It steals your heart away
with a wink and a smile.
It holds out its arms,
but I am no fool.
I see what you really are.
Yet what is that exactly?
The Queen's Dagger's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Mysterious Gift by The Queen's Dagger )
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)