A Muslim's prayer
Standing hand folded,
heart filled with humility.
I ask for your mercy.
I ask for your help.
Fingers spread over knees,
I bow, eyes looking down.
I search you in the skies.
I pull up my head with your praise.
Taming my ego, my pride.
I put my highest to the lowest, *
submitting my will to yours.
I prostrate before you my Lord.
I raise my head with your praise.
Cognizant of my supriority over satan,
with gratitude I prostrate again.
Each pulse brings me closer to you God.
Drops of tears like precious pearls.
I raise my hands with open palms.
Your blessings shower like rain,
I hoard it as much as I can.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Muslim's prayer by Md. Asadullah )
Did you read them?
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love is a wonder, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A Hug To Say I Love You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- How Do You?, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My religion, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)