Kazi Nazrul Islam
A Mountain Song
We are wild as the storm
We are restless as the spring
We are fearless like god and generous like nature.
We are as free as the sky
We are Bedouin, the deserts wandering tribe.
We know no king
nor any king's laws,
We submit to no rule or regulation,
We are born free with it mind'
open as the blossoming lotus.
We are the murmuring flood tide of the sea
and the warbling waters of the mountain spring
We are generous hearted wide open meadows...
We are mighty invincible hills
We are flying birds with outstretched wings
We are bubbling laughter and gay songs.
We eat wild fruits and drink rain water
We sleep under trees in the depth of green forests
We are the gushing river of life.
We are the flowing waters of mountain brooks
warbling singing roaring
always restless and ever on the move.
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mountain Song by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)