Kazi Nazrul Islam
A Mountain Song
We are wild as the storm
We are restless as the spring
We are fearless like god and generous like nature.
We are as free as the sky
We are Bedouin, the deserts wandering tribe.
We know no king
nor any king's laws,
We submit to no rule or regulation,
We are born free with it mind'
open as the blossoming lotus.
We are the murmuring flood tide of the sea
and the warbling waters of the mountain spring
We are generous hearted wide open meadows...
We are mighty invincible hills
We are flying birds with outstretched wings
We are bubbling laughter and gay songs.
We eat wild fruits and drink rain water
We sleep under trees in the depth of green forests
We are the gushing river of life.
We are the flowing waters of mountain brooks
warbling singing roaring
always restless and ever on the move.
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mountain Song by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- two lonely matches in separate back pock.., Mandolyn ...
- News Of Tragedies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Natural Life's Aura, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Confessed, Sandra Feldman
- LONELY, Egbe Chris
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris