A Mothers Reflections
Her mirror is rare and unique.
But for her eyes only and no one to see.
She carries this mirror with her everywhere that she may be.
This mirror shows her what she has become and what she needs to be.
Her reflections are not always beauty and bliss.
They are reminders of what she will miss.
Images of her son dancing, giggling, and holding her hand.
She can only imagine him becoming a handsome young man.
Her mirror always has a shadow of pain.
This shadow darkens her reflections even to hear his name.
She closes her eyes and hopes to see her son safe and free.
When she opens her eyes, her reflections are clear for what she needs to be.
Her reflections of her daughter come in clear.
Images that tell her to be grateful she is here.
So she showers her daughter with love and happiness.
She only hopes her daughter will never know such sadness.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mothers Reflections by Heather McIntire )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock