RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Mother's Song
Sunshine sung into a song, making everyone feel sad and elated
at the same time.
Being sung nightly by a mother to her seven children, filled
with her heart's love as she showered it upon them with her
sweet softened voice.
Holding tears within her eyes as she choked up on the sadness
of life and bursting with joy at the refrain.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
her Mom sang to her when little. Mom would get choked up while singing it's happy melody to us. Probably remembering one of the good times with her own Mom.
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Song by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr