Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Collection: Tissues, Bones, And Blood '(Third)
You filled my life with joy
on that hot, sticky, July day.
Daddy had hoped the old car would survive long enough
to take us to the hospital and back-it did just that-
then, earned its place in the car grave yard.
In spite of the tangled web woven, you
were destined to cross the threshold of the sixties, into
the seventies by, fighting valiantly, then unwinding the
umbilical cord from around your neck, and lifted to safety.
We were separated... and 'You...' became 'you'
Boo, your tender heart, patience, has been my delight!
You have a way of smiling appreciations for ordinary
things, then transformimg them into extraordinary ones.
You stand tall in your roles, on the stage, in the theater of life, as:
an adoring Son, caring husband, doting father, and an enduring friend...
each helping to complete 'You'!
Son, from a little boy to present, I promised you a 'BIG CHECK'.
Though, I have to admit...it must've gotten lost in the mail!
But now: I giving you my love...take it, and
Deposit it in your heart!
Too, the universe shares a millons stars, sun and moon
And the rainbow, with such beautiful colors and shape
The arc will ever be be your protection and guide
Now, you can't touch it-no one can!
Chase it with great delight, and know that,
you can't have it without some rain.
A poetess gift to you:
On teary days, wrap yourself in rainbow's rays: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet…a lifetime gift. So cherish it! Finally my dear, I want you to enjoy this special day-and others too. Knowing that after the lightning, the storms, and rain… a burst of sunlight will brighten your way!
Happy Birthday, son!
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Collection: Tissues, Bones, And Blood '(Third) by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
- May I help you, gajanan mishra
- UNPROVEN FALSEHOOD, johnny case
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)