Almedia Knight Oliver
A Mother's Collection: Tissues, Bones, And Blood '(Third)
You filled my life with joy
on that hot, sticky, July day.
Daddy had hoped the old car would survive long enough
to take us to the hospital and back-it did just that-
then, earned its place in the car grave yard.
In spite of the tangled web woven, you
were destined to cross the threshold of the sixties, into
the seventies by, fighting valiantly, then unwinding the
umbilical cord from around your neck, and lifted to safety.
We were separated... and 'You...' became 'you'
Boo, your tender heart, patience, has been my delight!
You have a way of smiling appreciations for ordinary
things, then transformimg them into extraordinary ones.
You stand tall in your roles, on the stage, in the theater of life, as:
an adoring Son, caring husband, doting father, and an enduring friend...
each helping to complete 'You'!
Son, from a little boy to present, I promised you a 'BIG CHECK'.
Though, I have to admit...it must've gotten lost in the mail!
But now: I giving you my love...take it, and
Deposit it in your heart!
Too, the universe shares a millons stars, sun and moon
And the rainbow, with such beautiful colors and shape
The arc will ever be be your protection and guide
Now, you can't touch it-no one can!
Chase it with great delight, and know that,
you can't have it without some rain.
A poetess gift to you:
On teary days, wrap yourself in rainbow's rays: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet…a lifetime gift. So cherish it! Finally my dear, I want you to enjoy this special day-and others too. Knowing that after the lightning, the storms, and rain… a burst of sunlight will brighten your way!
Happy Birthday, son!
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mother's Collection: Tissues, Bones, And Blood '(Third) by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- क्या मिला, sanjay kumar maurya
- The stars of respect is the smile of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
- Insensibile, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Soul Gives Life to Dreams xx xxx xx .., Lee Mack
- Dreams Everyone Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- because we're both globe-trotters, Mandolyn ...
- Interior Constraint, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent voice, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Gentlemen For Me, Poetic Lilly Emery
- The eyes of the stars is the eyes of Sta.., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Young Housewife, William Carlos Williams
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)