Almedia Knight Oliver
A Monologue with self
My life is fluff...I know it want be long
Sitting in limbo purring like kitten without a home
lacking faith taught me to heavily lean on…
So missing my sister's laugh as well as frowns and moans.
Where goes her light. Can't see her point finger signaling
bright lights big city, as jimmy Reed harps
and red wine going right to her head
Now Sis! I'll miss those late night phone calls and your groans.
I'll miss walking the streets you can't walk...I'll miss crying the cries you can't cry...I'll miss the dances you can't dance...and
miss your fingers playing songs...
I'll miss your buttery cast iron cornbread baked from scratch.
Shed an ocean of tears for your fear...Then stir the den and chase them on their way, and with courage, face down every last one of those phobias that wouldn't leave you alone!
Sis! Spirit guide tells me to be attentive to:
Sister-4 must live and die as one…momma made this truth that
we must keep as gold.
In the last days, family will circle each bed; wrangling hands and
throwing back heads trying to make sense of the mess we made.
Momma and papa are long gone to dust...leaving us to sift and strained
and separate the particles of their mess: question they left behind
All their boys and girls past, some present and some late have their mess..
Now, can the only 3 hearts left equal the hearts of nine?
Or, the love of 3 equal love of Momma?
Or, the cries of 3 girls can't be the means of 4
Now we-3 know, we lack FEAR and do declare!
We've climbed the mountains, and leaving our children just bumps.
We've weathered the storms, and you dry to weather yours.
We've blundered in the dark that you may walk in the light.
By Almedia Knight-Olive
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Monologue with self by Almedia Knight Oliver )
- Dreams Come, Yohan Confectioner
- ZZ Bomb Abroad. Spank At Home, Saiom Shriver
- Dreams Go, Yohan Confectioner
- All God's 792 Poems Are Free To Preach &.., Tom Zart
- Nevermore, Yohan Confectioner
- Seed Of Sin, George Egba
- Nissim, You Saw The Indian Patriot And S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rules, gajanan mishra
- Alan Jay Lerner, Saiom Shriver
- A retrospect, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)