A Moment In Hell
In life everything around goes awfully wrong,
And the road to happiness may seem so long.
Sometimes our problems may seem so cold like ice,
And even the sun may not be able to dry the tears in our eyes.
All our fears keep tormenting us deep inside,
Making our joy and happiness leaving our side.
Everyday of our life we labour in pain,
And get beaten by the unfavourable sun and rain.
Sometimes we get our heart broken,
By discovering how much of our joy that has been stolen.
Tears of frustration keep running down our cheek,
Even when we are so humble and meek.
The cloud of nightmare keep hovering above us,
Making our dreams as dead as humus.
Sometimes we get punished for things we didn't do,
And get scolded for things we didn't mean to do.
Everyday we keep praying for a way out of our misery,
When to us our existence is like a mystery.
We get betrayed by our peers,
With a broken heart and no hope of repairs.
We get frustrated beyond our endurance,
And push to the wall beyond our tolerance.
Sometimes we get beaten by life blows,
Thinking that life is a bed of rose.
Our heart been broken with no remorse,
Pouring down pain upon us.
Sometimes life becomes so bitter,
That there leaves no hope of it getting better.
In the depth of our heart lies a hope,
But the strain of our pain makes it impossible to cope.
We just keep moving with no direction,
Hoping for a better destination.
Life making us go through hell,
For many reason that we can't tell.
We just can't stop dreaming of the peace of heaven,
That will help lift away our heavy burden.
But one thing i know is that,
We'll surely keep up the fight.
No matter the battle we fight to survive,
One day our soul will be revive.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment In Hell by Stanley Oguh )
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
- A list of the most stupid things said to.., Mae AC.
- Cherry on Top Sundries Shoppe, Steve Kittell
- Contemporary-time Indian English Poets A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Ernest Christopher Dowson
(2 August 1867 – 23 February 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)