A Moment In Hell
In life everything around goes awfully wrong,
And the road to happiness may seem so long.
Sometimes our problems may seem so cold like ice,
And even the sun may not be able to dry the tears in our eyes.
All our fears keep tormenting us deep inside,
Making our joy and happiness leaving our side.
Everyday of our life we labour in pain,
And get beaten by the unfavourable sun and rain.
Sometimes we get our heart broken,
By discovering how much of our joy that has been stolen.
Tears of frustration keep running down our cheek,
Even when we are so humble and meek.
The cloud of nightmare keep hovering above us,
Making our dreams as dead as humus.
Sometimes we get punished for things we didn't do,
And get scolded for things we didn't mean to do.
Everyday we keep praying for a way out of our misery,
When to us our existence is like a mystery.
We get betrayed by our peers,
With a broken heart and no hope of repairs.
We get frustrated beyond our endurance,
And push to the wall beyond our tolerance.
Sometimes we get beaten by life blows,
Thinking that life is a bed of rose.
Our heart been broken with no remorse,
Pouring down pain upon us.
Sometimes life becomes so bitter,
That there leaves no hope of it getting better.
In the depth of our heart lies a hope,
But the strain of our pain makes it impossible to cope.
We just keep moving with no direction,
Hoping for a better destination.
Life making us go through hell,
For many reason that we can't tell.
We just can't stop dreaming of the peace of heaven,
That will help lift away our heavy burden.
But one thing i know is that,
We'll surely keep up the fight.
No matter the battle we fight to survive,
One day our soul will be revive.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment In Hell by Stanley Oguh )
- five past three, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Trapdoor, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns