A Moment In Hell
In life everything around goes awfully wrong,
And the road to happiness may seem so long.
Sometimes our problems may seem so cold like ice,
And even the sun may not be able to dry the tears in our eyes.
All our fears keep tormenting us deep inside,
Making our joy and happiness leaving our side.
Everyday of our life we labour in pain,
And get beaten by the unfavourable sun and rain.
Sometimes we get our heart broken,
By discovering how much of our joy that has been stolen.
Tears of frustration keep running down our cheek,
Even when we are so humble and meek.
The cloud of nightmare keep hovering above us,
Making our dreams as dead as humus.
Sometimes we get punished for things we didn't do,
And get scolded for things we didn't mean to do.
Everyday we keep praying for a way out of our misery,
When to us our existence is like a mystery.
We get betrayed by our peers,
With a broken heart and no hope of repairs.
We get frustrated beyond our endurance,
And push to the wall beyond our tolerance.
Sometimes we get beaten by life blows,
Thinking that life is a bed of rose.
Our heart been broken with no remorse,
Pouring down pain upon us.
Sometimes life becomes so bitter,
That there leaves no hope of it getting better.
In the depth of our heart lies a hope,
But the strain of our pain makes it impossible to cope.
We just keep moving with no direction,
Hoping for a better destination.
Life making us go through hell,
For many reason that we can't tell.
We just can't stop dreaming of the peace of heaven,
That will help lift away our heavy burden.
But one thing i know is that,
We'll surely keep up the fight.
No matter the battle we fight to survive,
One day our soul will be revive.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment In Hell by Stanley Oguh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis