That treasured moment from me flew,
Leaving behind a solemn cherished hue.
From a distant empty zone,
Emerged a tongueless moan.
I stared at a parting shadow
And felt my moistened brow.
In the heart of a memory,
A woe untold I can see.
A wish in the vacuum shiveres,
The lips of a secret hope quivers.
Gently, I hold the hand of a jaded pretense
And fragrance of a withered flower grows dense.
I collect the shattered pieces of a hollow promise
Nothing stirs; I stop pining for the fleeting bliss.
Tirtho Banerjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment by Tirtho Banerjee )
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...