That treasured moment from me flew,
Leaving behind a solemn cherished hue.
From a distant empty zone,
Emerged a tongueless moan.
I stared at a parting shadow
And felt my moistened brow.
In the heart of a memory,
A woe untold I can see.
A wish in the vacuum shiveres,
The lips of a secret hope quivers.
Gently, I hold the hand of a jaded pretense
And fragrance of a withered flower grows dense.
I collect the shattered pieces of a hollow promise
Nothing stirs; I stop pining for the fleeting bliss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Moment by Tirtho Banerjee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery