A Mission for Peace
Today I did not write,
What I think should be right,
Do I have a right to counsel?
To teach, to try to reach,
For the Light of the stars?
To preach, love and understanding,
Thru Peace, not Violence?
I think I do,
We must always be true,
To our best convictions,
The liberty of heart and mind,
Should have no restrictions.
When will Life earn,
The respect it deserves?
Will it be when no human creatures,
Are left on this tortured Earth?
Sandra Feldman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Mission for Peace by Sandra Feldman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe