A Military Brat
Though she knows both this and that
Except for where next she will be living at
Lived that life, as both daughter and now wife
As she is just, a Military brat.
She has no place to call her home
As around the world she has roamed
A new life to begin, as an old one did end
That life for her is all that is known.
New friends always for her to meet
As goodbye to the old ones she says with a weep
Always somewhere new, sometimes with no clue
But in her heart and soul memories she will keep.
She has gone to where our country has cried
And always with honor and also with her pride
With a smile on her face, which cant be erased
She was always at her fathers, and now husbands side.
Many times though her living style has changed
Sometimes when she sees the sand she expects the rain
And sometime when she speaks, an interpreter she seeks
And many time driving she’s in the wrong lane.
With her life she will not get rich or even fat
Never been in a war or fought in any combat
Never ate any rations, but has always been in fashion
As she is just, and still a Military brat.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Military Brat by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just Flow In Love ~~~ ~~~ ~~~, LUVinThe NOW
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh