Whispers Of Night
A midnight's dream
Concealed by a cold midnight frost,
this transparent spirit of mine
is floating like an ageless spot
over burning bleeding veins of chalk!
year after year, I plucked the roses
from deserted graveyards of angels,
but only dreams kept them alive..
and the solitude of autumn's night.
what a blessing! cold rivers flowing
blending with the touch of red..
their frozen rhythm choked by time
falling down with tears I once shed!
the mist rises above the deep woods
as hungry wolves begin to howl..
soothing the solitude of my soul
watching the arrival of great Cthulhu!
and oceans rise and smash the cliffs
turning them into dust and fire,
life's just another far away desire
watching over obsidian hell empire!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A midnight's dream by Whispers Of Night )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong
- I am here and still, gajanan mishra
- chickens in the yard eating craklin brea.., Bull Hawking
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh
- A Rockstar Came Travelling, Richard Whiting
- Re: Your Poetic License Renewal Applicat.., John F. McCullagh
- Direct Departure, Tayyab Ijaz